For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:10
You know you are maturing in your relationship with Christ when:
- You are becoming increasingly aware of your sinfulness and weaknesses.
- Your response to sin is quick and followed by genuine repentance.
- Your spiritual battles are becoming more fierce, and yet you still rejoice.
- You begin to see trials and temptations as opportunities for growth: “Lord, what are You trying to teach me?”
- You view service to Him as an honor and not a burden.
- You view everything as coming from God. He is sovereign, so He either brought it or allowed it.
- You sense your faith growing stronger. It takes more to ruffle you.
- You desire to spend more time in praise and worship. You are in love with the Lord and want to show it.
- Your desire to obey Him becomes more intense, and sin becomes less attractive.
- You are eager to share with others what Christ is doing in your life.
- You experience more awareness of His presence at all times, not just in places like at church on Sundays.
- You jealously guard your quiet times of prayer and Bible study.
- You prefer to spend time with Him above all others. The more time you spend with Him, the more you become like Him.
Lord, I seek Your face and Your presence in all that I do. Search my heart and show me any impediments to my relationship with You.