And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins. Ephesians 2:1
After planting watermelon seeds, you water and eagerly watch for them to sprout. As they grow, you continue to water, fertilize, and anticipate their fruit. From the moment you accept Christ, you begin growing in your likeness to Him (Ephesians 4:24).
The Christian life is a growing process with several stages essential to spiritual growth:
- Unbelief. Without Christ we are dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1)
- Salvation. God’s gift of salvation is available to all who believe (Titus 2:11).
- Service. A natural response after receiving new life in Christ is the desire to share the joy and peace that comes from a personal relationship with God and encourage other believers in their faith (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Frustrated inadequacy. God does not want us to become self-centered or satisfied in our relationship with Him or to feel that we can accomplish His work in our own strength.
- Total dependence on God. Without Christ we are nothing and can do nothing (Galatians 2:20).
By seeking God, you will continue to learn, develop, and grow in Christ—producing spiritual fruit far beyond anything you can imagine (Galatians 5:22-23).
Father, I reject unbelief. Use me in Your service and help me depend totally on You.